Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Amy Update Day 6

Wow, it had been six days since Amy's procedure. Amy had a rough night last night as I don't think the surgery is bothering her as much as the blisters. She was up for at least 2 hours if not more crying that her tongue hurts last night. It breaks my heart as this has been going on for months and everything we have tried thus far hasn't really helped.

I woke Amy up today about 8:15 am for school. I called and told Sister Catherine we were going to be a little late. When I woke her up it was the same thing, her pour little tongue was hurting. I did every thing I could think of to distract her with not much success. I managed to get her dressed, something to eat and in the car. When she got to school she didn't want me to go but I wanted her to do something fun so that she would be distracted from her pain.

As she was at school I went to Wal-mart and picked up a butter ball turkey and all I need for my Thanksgiving feast! I can't wait for Thanksgiving to roll around, to wake up to the smell of turkey in the oven, all our wonderful favorites from sides, to pies and desserts.

I picked up Wall-e today and this has helped distract Amy thus far. She has watched it 3 times today. Emily and Amy really enjoyed this movie when we saw it at the movies. Please pray for Amy tonight as it will be time for bed soon and when she lays down with no distractions that's when she realizes her pain the most.

I have so many things to be THANKFUL for. I am most Grateful and Thankful this Thanksgiving to have my life, a wonderful, caring, supporting, loving husband, and both of my little blessings. Life is wonderful and each day is a gift from God above and for this I am thankful, even with all that comes our way rain or shine or storm.


"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and a thank offering and into His courts with praise! Be thankful and say so to Him, bless and affectionately praise His name." Psalm 100:4
"Through Him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name." Hebrews 13:15
"Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will]." 1 Thes 5:18

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails