Sunday, November 16, 2008

Amy Update Day 3 & 4

Well, we are home and arrived home yesterday a little after noon. Amy is doing better but still has discomfort from her tongue, I am hoping and praying it looks worse than it feels because it looks bad to me.

So Friday morning Amy's CO2 level was 16, it was 13 Thursday evening when we showed up to ER and should be in the 20's. By Friday evening we were at 19 and by Saturday morning it dropped to 18. I thought we were going to stay another night and this time I was going to MAKE David do it. Don't get me wrong because I LOVE to take care of my little princess but I am going on 2 to 3 days with a few hours of sleep.

Amy was taking this hospital visit like it was a sleep over, she would fight her sleep even on the med's to stay up till 1 and 2 am in the morning to watch TV, and even asked me if we were going to have a sleep over. When I told her that if she had to stay Saturday night that Daddy was going to stay with her she fussed and said no she didn't want him to because he will turn off the TV, so this is where I messed up by not turning it off but how could I when my little princess was in pain and going through all this?

So Amy feel asleep Friday night at 1:30 in the morning or should I say Saturday at 1:30 am. She was in a sound sleep until the nurse came to draw blood and it wouldn't come out the ivy. Oh, no Amy was about to get a very rude awakening. So at 4:45 am the nurse came with help to hold her down and they woke up Amy and got the blood and Amy fussed, kicked and cried. And you know what after that she didn't fall back to sleep (who could though after that?).

When we got home yesterday Amy ate a can of Princess and Dora Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup and ate a half of a bag of goldfish (I am thankful that she can tolerate a little salt). She fell asleep while watching a movie at 4 pm and woke up at 9 am this morning. She was very exhausted as she only got 4 hours of sleep the night before and she is hungry and ready to eat.

Amy hasn't had any pain medicine since Friday evening so either she is tolerating the pain or doesn't need it any more but I guess I will find out for sure here shortly.

Thanks again for your prayers as Amy is moving along. Please pray for an answer, the oral surgeon is not for sure but is leaning toward "burning tongue syndrome" and we will find out more Thursday at Amy's follow up when we get the results back from the biopsy.



Here is a picture of Amy with Maggie (the dog). Maggie came by to visit Amy. Amy almost missed Maggie because she was asleep but Amy woke up just in time to see Maggie do some tricks.
Amy is eating the BRAT diet. Of course she can't do banana's which are one of her favorites because even before the biopsy it would burn her tongue. She doesn't like applesauce and forget the rice. The only thing she ate was the toast. Oh and let me tell you she ate the all the purple Popsicles that the Pedi Q had, LOL, the proof is the purple lips you see! Amy wanted more but she ate them all. Oh and she did enjoy the gram crackers too!

You can see that Amy was starting to feel better. And I know this to be true because she was bossing me around.

Amy is talking to Emily on the phone. Emily was very worried and concerned about her little sister.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails