Sunday, June 8, 2008

A writter I am not...

At least it was something that never came naturally, creatively or quickly to me in school where I could have used it. But I was looking in my folders where a few years ago I was a MOPS leader and would send out a scripture of the week. Looking at some of the entries that God gave me still move me today as they did a few years ago.

This was one that was sent out in Jan of 2006:

Hi Sweet Moms,
I hope everyone had a blessed week and weekend!
I had an eye doctor appointment yesterday. As I was sitting in the waiting room (the doctor was an hour and a half behind schedule and I had no kids, what a blessing that time was, LOL) a young mom walked in pushing a double stroller. In the front seat of the stroller was the most precious little boy who looked to be about 3 years of age. Each of his eyes were in different directions and he couldn't see all that well. He had the biggest smile and kept saying, Hello, Hello, waiting for someone to respond. I finally said Hello back and he then turned his head to my direction and then continued "what are you doing?" I then responded, I am sitting waiting to see the doctor. He then turned and started with his Hello's again and then an other person in the waiting room responded.

As I was sitting there in the doctors office, I was asking God what do you want our moms to have for this week, it hit me. God is the like the little boy saying to us, "Hello, are you there? What are doing?" Just like the little boy calling out, Hello, waiting patiently for someone to respond that is like how God is, He keeps calling us and waiting patiently for us to respond to Him. I thank God that He doesn't give up calling for me.

Can you hear His voice calling you? God is always talking to us throughout the day, we just need to stop and listen. My prayer for everyone is that we would all recognize His voice when He is speaking to us.

I just would like to share a story from 1 Samuel.
1 Samuel 3:1-10
1 NOW THE boy Samuel ministered to the Lord before Eli. The word of the Lord was rare and precious in those days; there was no frequent or widely spread vision.
2 At that time Eli, whose eyesight had dimmed so that he could not see, was lying down in his own place.
3 The lamp of God had not yet gone out in the temple of the Lord, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was lying down
4 When the Lord called, Samuel! And he answered, Here I am.
5 He ran to Eli and said, Here I am, for you called me. Eli said, I did not call you; lie down again. So he went and lay down.
6 And the Lord called again, Samuel! And Samuel arose and went to Eli and said, Here am I; you did call me. Eli answered, I did not call, my son; lie down again.
7 Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord, and the word of the Lord was not yet revealed to him.
8 And the Lord called Samuel the third time. And he went to Eli and said, Here I am, for you did call me. Then Eli perceived that the Lord was calling the boy.
9 So Eli said to Samuel, Go, lie down. And if He calls you, you shall say, Speak, Lord, for Your servant is listening. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
10 And the Lord came and stood and called as at other times, Samuel! Samuel! Then Samuel answered, Speak, Lord, for Your servant is listening.


Dear Heavenly Father,
We come before you so grateful to know you! Thank you for loving us unconditionally. We pray God that you would show us all when you are speaking to us and that you would help us to recognize your voice. Amen!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails