Sunday, June 15, 2008

Being Confident in HIM

I am currently in a bible study titled: "Discerning the Voice of God" by Priscilla Shirer.

I am in my second week and it is amazing. I came across this scripture of the week that was sent out in February of 2006 which just reminded me how blessed I am to know Christ as my Savior.

Hi Sweet Moms,

I missed seeing everyone this past Thursday. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
You know sometimes God will ask us to do or say things that we ourselves will not understand or even know why. We will even have loved ones and friends question us (which can open the door to doubt.) But we have to be confident and not be doubtful about what God asks of us. We may never know the out come of situations where God has asked us to do or say something (that we didn't understand why) but the most important things is that we listened and obeyed.

An example that comes to mind is one of my friends told me that recently she was speaking at a retreat and God told her to say "there is someone in the audience that God is wanting you to come up here and give your testimony." Well after a few minutes and no response she thought in her mind and told God I did what you said and no one came up. She could have let doubt enter right then and there and listened to the devils lie that she doesn't hear from God and that she made herself look foolish. If she did listen to the lie then God would not have been able to use her the way He would have wanted to for the rest of the retreat.

This where confidence comes in and if you know that you know that you know God is telling you to do something and you obey, great is your reward!

Later that afternoon my friend said a woman came up to her and said "I think I was the one that was suppose to go up and give my testimony." So that night the woman gave her testimony. We may never know what my friends obedience did for this woman but the most important thing is that she listened to God and obeyed Him.

"Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding." Proverbs 3:5

Dear Heavenly Father,
We humbly come before you and ask that you would teach us to trust in you and be confident in you. Amen!

I want to continue to hear the voice of God in my daily life and be obedient to what he is telling me to do. One thing that Priscilla shared on her video message last week is when a thought comes into your head and if you start worrying, trying to justify or playing scenarios then that is obviously not Gods voice. Shut it down and don't entertain them and begin to pray.

God is so good!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails