Monday, June 9, 2008

Grace, Grace and more Grace ~ How wonderful

I am just amazed with God's Grace. It is such a wonderful gift that we should use and show daily. I came across two scriptures of the week that I would send out to our MOPS moms and wanted to share these with you also.

This one was back on December 12, 2005:

Hi Sweet Mom's,

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed spending time with your families.
There were several scriptures that I came across and would like to share two regarding "grace."

The first one:
"who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time." 2 Timothy 1:9


The second one:
"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

A few of the definitions of "Grace" are:
1. A characteristic or quality pleasing for its charm or refinement.
2. a = disposition to be generous or helpful; goodwill.
b = Mercy; clemency.
3. A favor rendered by one who need not do so; indulgence.
4. a = Divine love and protection bestowed freely on people.
b = The state of being protected or sanctified by the favor of God.
c = An excellence or power granted by God.


Grace has always been around from before the beginning of time. Isn't it a wonderful gift that God has given to us all. It hit me that God gave us the gift of grace (from Him to us), so we should exercise the gift of grace on ourselves and others.
As you go through the next few weeks with the hustle and bustle of the holiday season remember a great gift you can give not only to yourself but others is "grace".

Dear Heavenly Father,
We are so thankful that in our weakness you are strong. We are so grateful that you have given to us all the gift of grace if we would like to have it. My prayer for this week would be that we would be able to walk in grace. We love you and praise your holy name! Amen.

This one was back on March 6, 2006:

Hi Sweet Moms,
I hope everyone had a blessed weekend!

I was in my bible study class last week when something became so clear to me. We were asked to explain "how we see 'grace' through salvation?"

I had thought about it but didn't really get it until one of our mom's explained it like this:
She said that one time her daughter did something very, very, bad that deserved a spanking. Her husband took her daughter to her room where she awaited her spanking but to her surprise her dad pulled up his pant leg and spanked himself several times. The daughter looked at him like he was crazy and finally asked "Dad what are you doing?" And he's reply was that sometimes we do things that do not please God and we deserve to be punished but God gives us grace, I am giving you grace today!

WOW, I thought to myself, what a wonderful explanation and also a wonderful way to teach our children what "grace" is and to also have them experience "grace."

I bet if we all sit back and think of all the bad things we have done that haven't been pleasing to God, we will see Gods "grace" all over our lives!

Let us then fearlessly and confidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace (the throne of God's unmerited favor to us sinners), that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find grace to help in good time for every need [appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when we need it]. Hebrews 4:16 (Amplified Bible)

Dear Heavenly Father,
We can't thank you enough for the grace that you have given to us through Christ Jesus your son. Thank you for your continuous grace that you bestow upon us. Amen!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails